- 1 Benefits of Ergonomic Living Room Furniture
- 2 Here Are The Top Single Chair Products:
- 2.1 Milano Manual Swivel Recliner With Ottoman
- 2.2 Oslo Collection Swivel Recliner and Ottomon in Cobblestone Leather with a Walnut Finish
- 2.3 Ergonomic Deluxe Massage Greyson Power Rocker Recliner by La-Z-Boy
- 2.4 Flash Furniture Contemporary Black Leather soft Recliner & Ottoman
- 2.5 Classic Palisander Plywood Lounge Chair & Ottoman
- 3 Here Are The Top Ergo Sofa and Couch Products:
- 4 To Sum Up
Ergonomic living room furniture can be beautiful you know!
When you think of ergonomic furniture, perhaps pictures of ugly office chairs come to mind? They did it for me when I started this site.
But after a while and some research, I found that there is stylish ergo living room furniture available, that not only looks great in your home; but also provides plenty of comfort.
In fact, there are many different kinds of ergonomic living room furniture that can be said to help to relieve all kinds of health issues or even just make you less tired. For example, living room lounge chairs, sofas, and couches with lumbar support can help to improve your posture which in turn has a whole raft of spillover health benefits.
Let’s look at the numerous benefits associated with using ergonomic furniture in your home, as well as 5 of the top products you should definitely consider using in your own home.
Benefits of Ergonomic Living Room Furniture
Designed to meet the demands of the increasing number of people suffering from back pain and posture problems, ergo furniture like couches, reclining sofas, and lounge seats were almost only seen in office settings when it was first introduced.
However, as people began to realize how beneficial and comfortable this type of furniture was, designers started applying the same principles to livingroom furniture.
If you have never considered using ergonomic furniture in your home, its numerous benefits may make you think differently.
Decreased Back Pain
If you constantly struggle with back pain, there is a good chance that you are, unknowingly, slouching down in your high chair. This stretches your discs and spinal ligaments.
Sitting in a comfortable sofa or chair maximizes back support, while also ensuring you maintain good back posture. This decreases aggravation to your spine and reduces back pain.
By improving your posture, ergonomic furniture also improves your health. When your posture is aligned high and correctly, your body and back work more efficiently.
For example; good high posture facilitates breathing properly, which enhances your thinking ability. The more air you are getting, the more oxygen goes to your brain and other vital organs supplying much needed, fresh nutrients to your entire body.
Poor posture can also neck, joint, and back pain, as well as poor circulation because it can put too much strain on a part of the body.
When you opt for ergonomically designed living room furniture, your improved posture prevents allows the strain to be evenly distributed throughout your body. This allows the body to enter a state of synergy
When you are constantly suffering from back and neck pain, it can be almost impossible to get a good night’s sleep. Opting for orthopedic and ergonomic furniture will help relieve the discomfort so you are finally able to fall asleep quickly and stay comfortably asleep.
Not that you know all ergonomically designed living room furniture has to offer, it is time to look at 5 of the top-selling living room options currently on the market, including some beautiful leather living room furniture sets:
Here Are The Top Single Chair Products:
Much, much more affordable than the Oslo and equally as beautiful!
This is an extremely gorgeous ergonomic recliner that is 100% made in the USA and will not only help you to find some comfort but also be a lot lighter on your wallet than some of the others on this list!
It is actually on sale right now so you can grab a bargain whilst it lasts!
Pros & Cons
- Very pretty and elegant
- Fantastic price point
- Massive discount at the moment
- Solid mahogany base
- Made in the USA
- Bonded leather
- You will definitely fall asleep in this chair!
Classic Palisander Plywood Lounge Chair & Ottoman is absolutely perfect for anyone who loves modern and contemporary furniture; this chair and ottoman set is upholstered in Top-Grain leather and accented with a stunning Walnut wood finish frame.
It will fit into any type of living room; modern and traditional.
It’s designed to offer maximum spinal support with its fully upholstered memory foam mattress topper and does a full 360-degree parameter swivel for a stable setting and adjustable reclining back.
Although it is a tad expensive, this cheap and high-rated chair and ottoman not only feature an ergonomic, usable and orthopedic design, but they are also statement pieces that will catch the eye of anyone who visits your home.
In other words; they look really cool and stylish!
Pros & Cons
- Beautiful to behold
- High-quality materials
- Correctly formed, ergonomic and orthopedic design
- Needs a certain style to fit in properly
Well…no living room would be complete without the eponymous La-Z Boy!
Not only does this leather recliner look and feel amazing, but it also includes a number of features that you are sure to enjoy, such as:
- 8 vibrating massage nodes with different levels of intensity, with a heating option.
- An adjustable backrest that reclines and leg rest that can be outstretched.
- Includes 2 cup holders, as well as a spot for magazines, books, and remotes.
- Easy to use remote control makes changing massage and heating modes simple.
Pros & Cons
- Great chair with lots of options
- Well known and respected brand
- Not really a living room furniture piece in the strictest sense
- Takes up a lot of room and need electricity to work correctly
My grandfather actually used this chair before he passed away and he liked it.
He had a knee replacement and found the ottoman to be just the right height to keep his leg elevated without pain. A really nice looking chair, the Flash is available in a really lovely, hard-wearing leather that keeps its shape splendidly.
Constructed from top-grain leather; it has both comfort and durability in mind.
In fact, this is probably the best reading chair for your back (as stated by my grandfather who was a voracious reader and sitter of chairs!).
- Recliner and ottoman set, 27-1/4-inch width by 29 39-inch depth by 37-1/2-inch height
- Overstuffed padded chair and ottoman
- Knob Adjusting Recliner
- Swivel seat
Pros & Cons
- Lots of ways to adjust the seat to your liking
- Very affordable
- Looks great in most settings
- Can use as an ergonomic office chair
- Might look a bit cheap for some folks
- Not as high quality as the others on this list
If you prefer an ergonomic living room chair with a design that blends traditionalism with modernism, this lounge Chair & Ottoman is exactly what you are looking for.
OK so this one is a bit of a wildcard here and I will say right now that it is a bit different to the others, but it truly is a worthwhile investment if you are serious about getting the right seat for your body.
- Extremely comfortable chair
- Aluminum frame; leather upholstery; Foam padding; die-cast steel braces and stainless steel glides
- 100% Premium top grain leather and 7-ply laminated veneer
- The seat, backrest shells, and armrests are joined using aluminum
Pros & Cons
- Very cool (subjective I know, but think Mad Men!)
- Extremely high-quality design and materials used
- Super comfortable
- Not as large as you think it might be
- Not many options for adjustment
Here Are The Top Ergo Sofa and Couch Products:
According to WayFair:
With clean lines that set a modern mood, the Dexter sofa takes comfort to a new level of style.
Cool cutaway arms create architectural lines that give it a look of sleek sophistication. Roomy box-border pillow-top seats, pillow-top arms, and attached backs provide sink-in comfort.
Woodblock feet in a warm mahogany finish complete the look.
- Dexter collection
- Attached backs and box-border pillow-top seats
- Decorative wood legs
- Polyurethane foam
- Single needle heavy-gauge contrast top-stitching on the backs, arms, seats and front rail
Pros & Cons
- Beautiful leather material
- Main cushions attached so you don’t worry about slippage
- Strong and sturdy
- Made with heavy gauge materials to ensure longevity
The Pinnacle one of the top reclining sofas in the world.
With plush and comfortable cushions, you will be transported into extreme comfort.
Your aches and pains will melt away and you can be assured that although it has not been designed with ergonomics specifically, the high quality means that the cushioning will last and keep its form which is very important, (poor quality cushion materials can damage your back).
- Pinnacle collection
- Chaise seat and footrest
- Upholstery material: 100% Polyester
- Made in the USA <<< It’s all about this my friends
Pros & Cons
- High quality
- Trusted brand name
- Great returns program
- Easy to set up and use
- Made in the USA
- Not specifically ergonomic in nature
- Probably not great for families with small children, (plush cushions can be a menace to clean)
To Sum Up
So if you are tired of suffering from back and neck pain, as well as a host of other physical elements; it is probably time to consider investing in some kind of high rated ergo living room furniture.
There is a wide selection to choose from that ranges from traditional to modern styles, as well as everything in between.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to shop!
P.s. One of our readers asked about finding products if you don’t find leather or faux leather acceptable, then I found a great resource you could check out: www.peta.org/living/humane-home/ethical-decor-vegan-sofas/
Or you can go back to Health Form’s homepage.