Don’t you eat another slice of that pizza!
That’s right, I’m talking to you. You wake up every morning thinking, “how am I going to lose weight.”
This starts today. The exercising, the dieting, and an open mind.
So put on your running shoes, take out a pencil and paper, and let me teach you how to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks. Let’s go!
How to Lose Weight in 10 Simple Steps
- Get your body and mind ready. Losing weight isn’t exactly the easiest thing to do. If you’re are more focused on the extra slice of cake in the fridge rather than the bowl of carrots in front of you, it’s not going to work.
- Make goals and stick to them. One of the most important things to consider is realistic goals that you can reach. Never shoot for inhuman goals, they will just slow you down and make you feel negative about yourself.
- Buy a Fitbit or a fitness app to help track your progress. The last thing you want is to not be able to see how well you’re going. I suggest buying a Fitbit since I find them to be incredibly helpful. For people spending on a budget, a pencil and notebook will work just fine.
- Start eating foods that are low in carbohydrates. Recent studies have proved that foods that are high in carbs tend to lead to weight increase. Stick to foods like grains, fruits, or starches to help lower your weight and make you feel good!
- Fasting isn’t dieting. Many popular trends, unfortunately, base around fasting or not eating for a period of time help you lose weight. This is a myth. The only thing that will help you lose weight is eating healthier foods and portioning yourself every meal.
- Avoid sugar and processed food. Yes, that means no more McDonalds. These foods will not only quickly add the pounds but can have negative consequences on your well-being.
- Exercise, exercise, exercise. You can never exercise too much. I’m not talking about 10-mile runs, it’s as simple of walking instead of taking the bus or doing pushups instead of video gaming. Never throw too much at yourself, your body knows its limits.
- Take a rest every day or two. You never want to overwork your body but make sure you are sticking to your goals.
- Always have help when you need it. Losing weight can be tricky and is much easier when you have a friend alongside you. Especially if you start to lose sight of what you’re doing this for.
- Reward yourself when you complete a goal. The worst thing you can do when losing weight is to not recognize your achievements. However, this is not the time for a celebratory ice cream sundae. Instead, go out with some friends or try to design new goals for the following weeks.
Weight Loss: Diet and Exercise Tips
- Eat less, exercise more
- Burn more calories than you are consuming, for example, if you burn 500 more calories than you are consuming, you will lose one to two pounds
- Cardio burns more calories than strength training, but you should incorporate both in your exercise routine
- Make sure you are breaking a sweat
- Pace yourself and gradually increase the amount of exercise you are doing
- Limit starch and sodium intake, this will reduce fluids and fluid retention
- Stay away from foods that include added sugars and fatty meats and dairy
- Eating vegetables will help you feel full faster
- Drink lots of water
- Remove tempting sugary foods from your home
- Only eat during mealtimes and do not skip any meals
- Try keeping track of everything you eat in a food journal
What to Eat if You Want to Lose Weight
We have told you what you should not eat if you want to lose weight, now here is what you should eat:
- Eggs: Eggs are high in protein, high in healthy fats, and they make you feel fuller faster.
- Leafy Greens: This includes kale, spinach, and a few others. These veggies are low in carbs and calories but are still loaded with fiber.
- Fish: Fish, and salmon especially is a great source of protein. It also contains a lot of healthy fats, nutrients, and iodine.
With everything we’ve talked about today, I hope you haven’t lost interest in trying to lose weight every day.
There is no one stopping you from doing it but yourself. Remember our 10 steps to losing weight we went over and always remember to check what you eat.
The more unpronounceable ingredients it has, the worse it is for you. I’m so excited for you to start this new chapter of your life!
Andy Bell writes at Calories Fit